UNFPA Kosovo has been advocating for the reproductive health and rights of every woman, man and child, individually and as families, since 1999. UNFPA is dedicated to bring about a world where no mother dies in the act of giving life, when every pregnancy is wanted and every individual can enjoy a life of health, dignity and opportunity.
In partnership with government, NGOs, communities, and other UN agencies, UNFPA Kosovo has worked to achieve its goals through:
- Improving antenatal, safe delivery and post-natal care through technical assistance programmes, development of curricula and professional training for medical personnel, and provision of medical equipment
- Family planning sessions and workshops for adults and youth in communities
- Awareness rising campaigns, education and counseling sessions on reproductive health, human sexuality and prevention spread of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV
- Ensuring access to affordable quality contraceptives at medical facilities
- Promoting of gender equality, women empowerment and elimination of gender based violence across all levels of UNFPA programming and advocating
- Supporting research, gathering, and dissemination of population data, advocating for and supporting government in developing evidence-based strategies and population policies
- Advocating for improved governance of health sector to better address reproductive health needs of population.
Delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.